Description: Postcard featuring a creek, bridge, and a glimpse of Redwood Lodge. "Redwood Lodge" was the name George and Maria Billings gave the Mill Valley home they began building in 1890. The home, at 160 Corte Madera Avenue, was originally intended as a summer home, but after the 1906 earthquake in San Francisco, the Billings family made the Redwood Lodge their year-round residence. Title transcribed from front of postcard, which is printed with the following text: "A glimpse of Redwood Lodge, Mill Valley, Cal." Back of postcard is printed with: "M. Rieder, Publ., Los Angeles, Cal."
Contact InformationMill Valley Public Library, Lucretia Little History Room, 375 Throckmorton Ave, Mill Valley, CA 94941, Telephone: (415) 389-4292, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.millvalleylibrary.net/historyroom